Contact Information

NRTI as we knew it is no more, and I don't know what will happen in the future. Technically, I'm still employed by the College, though am enjoying a paid hiatus, and working on everything I couldn't work on when I was spending 70 hours a week running the Program, like cleaning up from the tornado that hit, what, 7 years ago now? I'm also commissioned with a nearby county agency, actually answering to one of the more popular instructors, so I'm still trying to keep my hand in.

I'll continue to post information and news from grads and friends, and also want to keep current with LE news and references.

My College phone and e-mail are pretty much out of service, so I'll be setting up yet another account , so we can stay in touch.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

SIG-Sauer's Ongoing Campaign to Make Me Barf

Anyone who has taken a look at any of my personal firearms soon knows that appearance is not a huge concern of mine.  They all show the typical wear and tear that any working gun gets, sort of a duty patina.  I've also never pimped out a gun, and usually strip off fancy stocks and such.  If they get too rough, that's easily fixed with a can of flat Rustoleum.

Ok, I confess - I did install a set of trick VZ Grips Turbo Stock Screws on my #1 carry 1911, but that's it.  Just don't ask about holsters.

But I'd just be flat embarrassed to have to shoot somebody with some of the pistols that SIG continues to feel the need to push out.  I'd have to apologize for popping them with a tasteless gun:



To be fair, the P226 does have sort of a classic scroll engraving feel to it, like some of the factory engraving from S&W, so it's almost tolerable, if you are into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?