Contact Information

NRTI as we knew it is no more, and I don't know what will happen in the future. Technically, I'm still employed by the College, though am enjoying a paid hiatus, and working on everything I couldn't work on when I was spending 70 hours a week running the Program, like cleaning up from the tornado that hit, what, 7 years ago now? I'm also commissioned with a nearby county agency, actually answering to one of the more popular instructors, so I'm still trying to keep my hand in.

I'll continue to post information and news from grads and friends, and also want to keep current with LE news and references.

My College phone and e-mail are pretty much out of service, so I'll be setting up yet another account , so we can stay in touch.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Video of Carter Rhodes, Jr. incident released - KALB-TV News Channel 5 & CBS 2

An excellent example of the time involved in critical incident decision making, and in my opinion, a "good" shooting, as defined by the good guy emerging unscathed.  If anything, the officer waited for quite a while, relatively speaking, after the attacker displayed a weapon, means and intent.  Hesitation gets us killed.  It also shows the value of a hit to the pelvic girdle, which if properly placed and an effective round, disable's the attacker's ability to advance, at least at anything more than a crawl.  There my be something to be said for zippering an attacker as soon as our sights cover meat and firing while moving up to center mass, if not the head.

The article says a civil suit is still pending - I wonder who is suing whom

Video of Carter Rhodes, Jr. incident released - KALB-TV News Channel 5 & CBS 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?