Contact Information

NRTI as we knew it is no more, and I don't know what will happen in the future. Technically, I'm still employed by the College, though am enjoying a paid hiatus, and working on everything I couldn't work on when I was spending 70 hours a week running the Program, like cleaning up from the tornado that hit, what, 7 years ago now? I'm also commissioned with a nearby county agency, actually answering to one of the more popular instructors, so I'm still trying to keep my hand in.

I'll continue to post information and news from grads and friends, and also want to keep current with LE news and references.

My College phone and e-mail are pretty much out of service, so I'll be setting up yet another account , so we can stay in touch.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Two Convicted In Deer Poaching Incident (NPS Digest)

Two Convicted In Deer Poaching Incident (NPS Digest)
On November 24th, South Dakota Game & Fish received a report from two concerned citizens regarding suspicious hunting activity within the Conata Basin, which is located in the northwest part of the park.  Rangers conducting the ensuing investigation discovered a blood trail measuring over 700 yards and recovered a shell casing from a .308 caliber rifle within the park’s boundary. Working with a special agent from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, rangers conducted interviews of two Rapid City residents, Lance Vanzee and Todd Elson. These interviews resulted in both men admitting to having killed two mule deer inside the park. Rangers confiscated the heads and capes of both deer along with a rifle used by Elson. Vanzee and Elson were charged with misdemeanor Lacey Act violations, resulting in $2,000 in fines and restitution totaling $3,000. This is the second successful Lacey Act conviction of illegal hunting activities at Badlands National Park since January of this year, when rangers closed a 2010 buffalo poaching case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?