The case being heard, about the post-arrest, but pre-conviction, collection of buccal DNA has huge implications for accuracy in the identification of anyone, guilty or innocent. My opinion? DNA is just a different form of "fingerprint," but far less imprecise in quantification. If my life or freedom were on the line, I'd beg for DNA evidence to be used if possible. Sure there is a lot of medical and genetic information that is highly unlikely to be relevant to a criminal case, but the fact that there is a potential for abuse should not over-ride the unquestioned benefits of the technology.
The Supreme Court Sees the Future: 90-Minute DNA Matches, and Less Crime - Garrett Epps - The Atlantic
Contact Information
NRTI as we knew it is no more, and I don't know what will happen in the future. Technically, I'm still employed by the College, though am enjoying a paid hiatus, and working on everything I couldn't work on when I was spending 70 hours a week running the Program, like cleaning up from the tornado that hit, what, 7 years ago now? I'm also commissioned with a nearby county agency, actually answering to one of the more popular instructors, so I'm still trying to keep my hand in.
I'll continue to post information and news from grads and friends, and also want to keep current with LE news and references.
My College phone and e-mail are pretty much out of service, so I'll be setting up yet another account , so we can stay in touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments?