Contact Information

NRTI as we knew it is no more, and I don't know what will happen in the future. Technically, I'm still employed by the College, though am enjoying a paid hiatus, and working on everything I couldn't work on when I was spending 70 hours a week running the Program, like cleaning up from the tornado that hit, what, 7 years ago now? I'm also commissioned with a nearby county agency, actually answering to one of the more popular instructors, so I'm still trying to keep my hand in.

I'll continue to post information and news from grads and friends, and also want to keep current with LE news and references.

My College phone and e-mail are pretty much out of service, so I'll be setting up yet another account , so we can stay in touch.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Why Motor Cops Should Wear a Full-Face Helmet - Vehicles - POLICE Magazine

Having BTDT, I could not agree more. I wish that the models with the full-flip-up face section had been available when I rode, it would have made life with glasses a lot more convenient. But I really have no interest in making a lot of money for some maxillo-facial surgeon, nor in swallowing and subsequently defecating my own teeth and jawbone fragments.

Why Motor Cops Should Wear a Full-Face Helmet - Vehicles - POLICE Magazine

It does heighten the issue of helmet-removal protocols, but that's primarily for the medics to deal with. There are some tools on the market, including something like an airbag. for removing helmets from downed riders, but I wouldn't mess with it. When I took the Big Hit I distinctly remember holding down the chin piece of my bone dome with both hands ( I couldn't lift them any farther) and screaming at people to not touch my head so that no well-intentioned onlooker did something that would result in me steering a powered wheelchair with a puff tube for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?