Contact Information

NRTI as we knew it is no more, and I don't know what will happen in the future. Technically, I'm still employed by the College, though am enjoying a paid hiatus, and working on everything I couldn't work on when I was spending 70 hours a week running the Program, like cleaning up from the tornado that hit, what, 7 years ago now? I'm also commissioned with a nearby county agency, actually answering to one of the more popular instructors, so I'm still trying to keep my hand in.

I'll continue to post information and news from grads and friends, and also want to keep current with LE news and references.

My College phone and e-mail are pretty much out of service, so I'll be setting up yet another account , so we can stay in touch.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

People Need to Chill






Yeah, its weird, but it also has the makings of a perfect trunk or travel rifle.  I wouldn't have designed it exactly that way, but the concept has merit, particularly in those areas that aren't AR or AK friendly, or for noncommissioned normal humans who might have a hard time explaining why they have a SCAR Heavy in the trunk that got spotted while loading an arriving passenger's luggage at the airport.  People also forget that the purpose of a collapsing stock isn't to look cool, it's so that the weapon can be shortened up for storage and extended to fit the shooter for a specific stock weld, enabling consistent accuracy.  At least one of the rails needed to be on top of the receiver, if not extended over the barrel, for optics, and the rest could be an inch or so long; that's all that's needed for a light.

The only thing actually worth yowling about are the sights - Mossberg could have pulled the serviceable-if-not-sexy ghost rings off of one of their shotguns and stuck them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?