Contact Information

NRTI as we knew it is no more, and I don't know what will happen in the future. Technically, I'm still employed by the College, though am enjoying a paid hiatus, and working on everything I couldn't work on when I was spending 70 hours a week running the Program, like cleaning up from the tornado that hit, what, 7 years ago now? I'm also commissioned with a nearby county agency, actually answering to one of the more popular instructors, so I'm still trying to keep my hand in.

I'll continue to post information and news from grads and friends, and also want to keep current with LE news and references.

My College phone and e-mail are pretty much out of service, so I'll be setting up yet another account , so we can stay in touch.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Drug Cartel Member Sentenced (NPS Digest)

Drug Cartel Member Sentenced (NPS Digest)
AMISTAD NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
On February 15th, Eladio Pena of Roma, Texas, was sentenced to 27 years in federal prison for his role in a cartel drug smuggling operation through Amistad NRA. Rangers began investigating this case in 2006 and were soon joined by other federal and state agencies. Pena admitted by pleading guilty that he was a key player in the cartel drug trafficking operation that imported over 10,000 kilograms of cocaine from Mexico across Lake Amistad between 2006 and 2008. The drugs were smuggled in boats through the park and then stored in a warehouse in nearby Del Rio. The drugs were then transported in false compartments in flatbed trailers of 18-wheeler trucks and taken to Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, and North Carolina. The cartel transported back to Mexico over $60 million in drug proceeds.

"Bill's Note: 10,000kg = approx. 22,000+ pounds"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?