Contact Information

NRTI as we knew it is no more, and I don't know what will happen in the future. Technically, I'm still employed by the College, though am enjoying a paid hiatus, and working on everything I couldn't work on when I was spending 70 hours a week running the Program, like cleaning up from the tornado that hit, what, 7 years ago now? I'm also commissioned with a nearby county agency, actually answering to one of the more popular instructors, so I'm still trying to keep my hand in.

I'll continue to post information and news from grads and friends, and also want to keep current with LE news and references.

My College phone and e-mail are pretty much out of service, so I'll be setting up yet another account , so we can stay in touch.

Friday, February 3, 2012

CAPITOL REEF NATIONAL PARK: Vandals Pay Over $6 Thousand For Site Restoration

Capitol Reef is on my must-visit list.  I had the chance to drive through it once, but didn't have time to visit.  What I saw from the road was spectacular, I can only imagine what the backcountry must be like.  It also illustrates how Facebook is a good way to track idiots.
Vandals Pay Over $6 Thousand For Site Restoration
From NPS Incidents:
"In August, 2010, rangers discovered that vandalism had occurred at an archeological site in the park where historic signatures had been inscribed by famous western personalities Butch Cassidy, Matt Warner, and Silvertip. The recently inscribed names of at least eight individuals, along with the year 2010, were etched into the walls of the alcove near the historic inscriptions. By investigating Facebook postings, rangers were able to identify the responsible individuals as a result of information that they had posted about their recent family reunion in the park. Once identified, members of the group took full responsibility. They paid a total of $6,045 for site restoration under the authority provided by the Park System Resource Protection Act (16USC 19jj). Professional restoration of the site will commence this year. Ranger Brenda Zirwas was the case ranger."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?