Contact Information

NRTI as we knew it is no more, and I don't know what will happen in the future. Technically, I'm still employed by the College, though am enjoying a paid hiatus, and working on everything I couldn't work on when I was spending 70 hours a week running the Program, like cleaning up from the tornado that hit, what, 7 years ago now? I'm also commissioned with a nearby county agency, actually answering to one of the more popular instructors, so I'm still trying to keep my hand in.

I'll continue to post information and news from grads and friends, and also want to keep current with LE news and references.

My College phone and e-mail are pretty much out of service, so I'll be setting up yet another account , so we can stay in touch.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

East Coast UXO

I missed this bit of beachcombing thrill when first released:
World War II Bomb Found On Beach














My first trip to Cape Hatteras got me interested in the WWII submarine attacks of fthe East Coast and Gulf of Mexico, I'll bet that most people of my generation had no idea that German subs were close enough to watch traffic on coastal rounds.  The amount of tonnage they sank was phenomenal.
"Torpedo Junction" by Homer Hickam and "Operation Drumbeat" by Michael Gannon are 2 good books about the history.

I've always enjoyed walking a beach a collecting shells, but not like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?