Contact Information

NRTI as we knew it is no more, and I don't know what will happen in the future. Technically, I'm still employed by the College, though am enjoying a paid hiatus, and working on everything I couldn't work on when I was spending 70 hours a week running the Program, like cleaning up from the tornado that hit, what, 7 years ago now? I'm also commissioned with a nearby county agency, actually answering to one of the more popular instructors, so I'm still trying to keep my hand in.

I'll continue to post information and news from grads and friends, and also want to keep current with LE news and references.

My College phone and e-mail are pretty much out of service, so I'll be setting up yet another account , so we can stay in touch.

Monday, February 14, 2011

NPS Press Release Regarding the President's Budget

"Washington, D.C. – The President’s Fiscal Year 2012 budget released today includes a request of $2.9 billion for the National Park Service. The request continues vital support for critical national recreation and conservation missions in support of the Administration’s America’s Great Outdoors initiative. The budget also includes cuts in several areas as part of the President’s plan toward fiscal sustainability in the next few years. National parks stimulate spending and job creation. “Taxpayer investments in national parks result in far more than the obvious recreational and educational dividends,” said National Park Service Director Jonathan B Jarvis. “National parks also are tremendous economic engines for their gateway communities. In 2009, park visitors spent $11.9 billion and supported 247,000 jobs.....
....Overall, the budget proposal represents an increase of about $140 million over the FY 2010 enacted, targeted at park operations and LWCF programs......" Continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?